First Book Subvention Program
The Harriman Institute First Book Subvention Program will grant two awards up to $3000 each, on a competitive basis annually, to first-time authors who have secured publishing contracts.
- Harriman Postdoctoral Fellows and Harriman Ph.D. graduates (including Harriman Certificate holders, concentrators, Harriman junior fellows and award holders, etc.) from any school or department (within 6 years of graduation or termination of postdoctoral appointment).
- For individuals who have authored first books (
multiple-authored books and edited volumes are not eligible). Subject of the book must have some connection to the Harriman Institute’s region and/or fields of study.
- The book must be under contract with an appropriate publisher. The publisher must agree to acknowledge Harriman Institute support in the book’s front matter.
- The book will appear in the institute’s series Studies of the Harriman Institute.
- Publisher’s peer reviews and contract will be submitted with letter of application. Additional outside reviews may be commissioned by the Harriman Publications Committee.
- The grant will be paid directly to the publisher.