Pepsico Grants for Student Research Travel
PepsiCo fellowships are awarded to outstanding Columbia graduate students to support semester and summer travel to Russia, Eurasia, and East Central Europe, for the purposes of conducting research. In exceptional cases, travel to make a research presentation at a conference in the region may be supported. (Travel within the U.S. or to other regions is not supported.)
All applicants must meet current Columbia University travel requirements (see Travel Notice below).
Fellowship recipients are required to submit a brief trip report within six weeks of their return.
- Proposal – (2 page max.) Please include research project title, dates of proposed travel, and indicate for which semester/summer you are applying. Please include any arrangements you have made with the host institution; priority is given to applicants with invitations.
- Itemized budget – Please include the actual cost of airfare. Maximum award: $3,500; smaller requests are encouraged.
- Curriculum vitae/résumé – Must include information on academic standing, as well as your Columbia PID number.
- One confidential letter of recommendation (sent under separate cover by your recommender).
Please note that all countries in our region are currently at Level 3 or 4 and approval from ISOS, School Dean, AND the Provost office will be required in order to travel and receive reimbursement from the Harriman Institute.
Procedure for Faculty Requesting International Travel for Columbia-related Activities in U.S. Department of State Level 3 & 4 Countries:
- Complete Travel Waiver.
- Have itinerary reviewed by ISOS.
- Secure written approval from the dean or head of the administrative unit. (Please send the ISOS itinerary review and travel waiver, where applicable to email@example.com to initiate steps 3 and 4.)
- Secure written approval from the Provost or, for CUIMC affiliates, from the EVP and Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and Medicine.
- Register approved travel with ISOS.
This applies to travel both from the U.S. to non-U.S. countries and between non-U.S. countries, including after a return to a non- U.S. country of residence. Requests should be submitted prior to booking travel and at least 30 days prior to the commencement of travel.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.